Game Re-Scheduling/Cancellation System and Procedures
The GSBL/MYAS Baseball Office will never cancel any league games. It is the responsibility of the HOME TEAM COACH. The key to this procedure is COMMUNICATION with all parties involved.
- In the event that a field is unplayable due to weather, the HOME TEAM COACH must do the following:
- Notify the opposing coach AND your Umpire Assignor about the weather cancellation, in addition to reporting the cancellation to MYAS Baseball Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your Travel Director should have information relative to your Umpire Assignor. Assignor contact info is also available on our Umpire Information page in Coaches Corner.
- Following reporting of the cancellation, submit rescheduled game info through the Request Game Change function - available on your Games tab on your team page in Register Play. The game status for all games that are reported to the GSBL/MYAS headquarters by 3:15pm will be updated to Postponed. Otherwise the coaches will be responsible for making sure everyone is aware of the cancelation.
- Reschedule a game online through the Register Play system by navigating to the Games tab on your team page and clicking on the "Request Game Change" button located in the upper right of the page. All steps of the weather-related rescheduling procedure must be completed within 96 hours of a cancelled game to ensure your game will not be forfeited. If you reschedule a game and it is not reflected on your schedule online at www.myas.org within two business days of submission, please reach out to MYAS Baseball Staff (email@example.com).
- If the MYAS does not hear from a coach or if the coach does not report the cancellation, it will be assumed that the game is on as scheduled. It is then up to the umpire to decide if the field conditions are playable. Do not assume that just because it is raining in your home community that it is raining in your opponent’s community (Note: A $50.00 fine will be assessed if a cancellation is not communicated to all parties involved which includes the opposing team, umpire assignor and league office).
- Games started but suspended due to weather conditions are official after 3-1/2 or 4 innings (9U-12U), 4-1/2 or 5 (13U-19U). Unofficial/suspended games will be made up from the exact point of interruption. When both coaches agree on a specific date for the completion of the game, please notify the GSBL using the “Game Change Request" button on the Games tab on your team page and contact your designated umpire association about the change in the schedule. Be precise as to what game your are trying to finish because the assignor will try to send the same umpire to finish the game whenever possible.
- When your game is rained out, it will appear on your schedule as a Postponement, until new game information is received and updated by MYAS Baseball Staff.
- All weather reschedules must be rescheduled online using the “Game Change Request” button or the league will not recognize it as a league game. Please be sure to follow all steps of the rescheduling procedure in order for your weather related game to be rescheduled. Calling just your umpire assignor to notify him of a weather related rescheduled game will not reschedule your game.
Gopher State Baseball League
Non-Weather Related Rescheduling Procedure
If a scheduled league game is cancelled after...
April 13 for 9u-14u
May 2 for 15u
May 27 for 16u-19u
For a non-weather related reason, you must do the following:
- Submit a $25.00 non-weather related rescheduling fee to the GSBL office prior to 24 hours of the originally scheduled game.
- If submitting a non-weather related rescheduling fee less than 24 hours prior to the start of the scheduled game, the fee is $50.
- Forfeits will have a $50 fine and will not be rescheduled.
- Reschedule the game online using the Game Change Request feature. Your game will then be rescheduled if umpires are available on your game date and we received the rescheduling fee.
Note: Following these steps will allow you to reschedule a non-weather related game.
This procedure eliminates any unnecessary or last minute changes and “headaches” for opposing teams, umpire assignors & MYAS Baseball Staff.