The Trusted Officials training opportunities for the 2021-2022 season will be made available to all officials planning to work youth basketball in the state of Minnesota, no later than November 1, 2021.
Youth Basketball Officiating training, screening and education options to gain the maximum pay per game, will be made available by August 1, 2021.
Opportunities for training prior to 2021-2022 season include:
- In-Person Officials Training during the month of September and October, 2021.
- In-Person Officials Development during exhibition games w/ clinicians instructing in October, 2021.
- Online completion of the Trusted Officials training, screening and education for youth officials.
- Complete requirements and pass test to become MSHSL registered. If you are MSHSL registered, you will only need to view a short youth officiating refresher through Trusted Officials.
The MYAS will be partnering with the following Trusted Assignors, who are committed to requiring training, screening and education for all rostered officials as well as an agreed upon pay scale for the 2021-2022 season.
Trusted Officials Live, Virtual or Online Rookie Clinics for Rookie/In-House Officials
These two- to three-hour clinics will be conducted by knowledgeable, veteran basketball officials who truly care about the game and the young athletes who play.
These clinics will feature:
- updated information on rules.
- psychology of being a good official.
- working with different partners.
- effective communication with players and coaches.
- proper positioning and mechanics.
- game management.
- preventive officiating.
- interpretation and application of rules.
- situation awareness.
$225.00 per association
(an additional $5.00 per person for more than 20 officials in attendance)
This officials’ training course is just $10.00 with a certificate of completion given to every official who satisfactorily completes the test and course.
Associations with 20 or more officials may schedule training courses in their own communities. To schedule a training course, send e-mail to email@example.com.
Trusted Officials Online Rookie Training for the Rookie or In-House-Officials
Online training for prospective officials that are not able to attend a live or virtual clinic or would rather complete an online version. The Trusted Officials online version allows individuals to get the training they need in the comfort of their own home to help them better officiate games.
Some of the topics are but not limited to:
* Points of Emphasis
* Background Checks
* Concussion Training
$15.00 or $30.00 depending on age.