Enhancing the Community-Based Winter Basketball Experience
By the Associations, for the Associations
Announcements for the Upcoming 2021-22 Season
- Accessible within the MYBA Portal
- $100 Association Membership Fee
- Eliminated a per team fee
- Once completed, you will be able to access the Tournament Index and other tabs.
MYBA Tournament Index
- Highly recommended that all youth basketball associations post their tournament information on the MYBA Tournament Index. This free service is one of the many benefits to all MYBA member associations.
- Daily Admissions vs. No Gate Fee. Based on survey results and communication with MYBA members, a number of associations will continue to charge a daily admission, while others are wrapping the admission fees into their tournament entry fee. The MYBA Tournament Index will be a great resource to view which model each tournament will be using.
MYBA Portal Access
- Association Admins
- Have access to the MYBA Portal for their respective association.
- Current Association Admins can grant Association Access rights to other users that have an MYAS account.
- This can be done by logging in to the MYBA Portal and clicking on the Manage Admins button on the landing page.
- Note: Board Members do not have Association Admin rights unless they are given access on the Manage Admins page.
What is the MYBA?
The MYBA is a collaborative effort between the MYAS, the MYAS Basketball Board of Advisors, and travel basketball leaders from around the state working together to enhance community-based youth basketball during the winter season.
- Associations must adhere to the Best Practices for youth basketball organizations, Team Composition Guidelines.
- Currently, the MYBA is for travel and school teams only.
- Membership includes a minimal annual fee.
Why should my youth basketball association join the MYBA?
- It is our goal to have EVERY association throughout the state of Minnesota, proudly join the MYBA, so we’ve added additional benefits of joining in the inaugural year very impactful.
- MYBA member associations will receive a FREE tournament listing on our Tournament Index. This is a savings of $75 per tournament compared to previous years' listing fees. Non-MYBA members will not be able to list their tournament on the Tournament Index.
- MYBA members will receive a significant per-team discount through the Tourney Machine tournament bracketing platform.
- Only MYBA members are eligible to compete in the MYAS Grade State Championships.
- Compliance of Best Practices, Eligibility & Team Composition
- Communication to the entire youth basketball community
- Connectivity with the entire Minnesota youth basketball community
- Consistency in team identification, tournament software and a central clearinghouse for Trusted Tournaments
- Concise results from all MYBA tournaments that will be made available in Trusted Rankings
- One group working together to enhance community-based basketball
- A consistent portal for communication to each and every association
- Consistency in eligibility, rules, regulations, and team identification across the state
- Associations will agree to follow the MYBA Best Practices to ensure that they are operating as they should
- Protect community-based basketball during the winter season
- Only MYBA members can advertise their tournament(s) and coach wanted ads on the MYAS website
- It connects hundreds of association tournaments into the MYBA network.
- Tournament results feed directly into Trusted Rankings.
- MYBA members will ensure that the teams participating in their tournaments meet the MYBA Team Composition Guidelines.
- MYBA members will receive a significant per-team discount through the MYBA Brackets tournament bracketing platform.
- It will include a complete list of associations (and their teams) that adhere to the MYBA guidelines.
- Team Identification will be improved.
- Trusted Rankings will have more data than in previous years.
- Trusted Rankings data will be more accurate than in previous years.
- Trusted Rankings may eliminate the need to hold Grade State Seeding Meetings.
- Trusted Rankings will also assist tournament directors in setting up competitive match-ups for their tournament brackets.
- Who: All youth basketball coaches from grade 3rd-8th
- Date: Saturday, October, 16th, 2021
- Session I – 9:00am-12:00pm - Fridley High School
- Session II – 1:00pm-4:00pm - Academy of Holy Angels