Getting a fall basketball team together to play in MYAS Gopher State Fall Basketball Events may be easier than you think. The steps listed below will walk you through the process.
1. Get a commitment from the players.
2. Determine the events that you want to participate in.
3. Calculate your expenses (Event Entry Fees, Uniforms, Practice Time/Court Rental, First-Aid Kit)
4. Membership Fees/Insurance - MYAS no longer pays for or has any membership fees to participate. Teams that need insurance coverage can purchase a USAB Team membership ($25). This USAB Team Membership will allow you to purchase medical/accident insurance for your players. Your team insurance will also come with a Liability Certificate. Your practice facility may want a copy of that certificate when you reserve court time.
5. Collect the fees from the parents.
6. Register for events. Be sure to register on time. Please note that the MYAS Gopher State Fall Series event entry deadlines are typically two weeks prior to the tournament. Each event has its own entry deadline. You can register for all your events at once or you can register for one event at a time. If you register for multiple events at once, you may qualify for a price break, which is listed under the entry fees tab. As long as you register on or before the entry deadline, you will have a spot in the event.
7. Get your game schedule. We will post the event schedules on our website 8-10 days prior to the tournament. Please note that the schedules are subject to change.
8. Good Sportsmanship. This is a requirement, not a request. The coach sets the tone for how everyone behaves. Please set a good example. As a coach, we expect you to monitor the behavior of your players and parents.
Is your basketball club/association one of the many sports organizations that understand how important training and education are for their coaches? The Trusted Coaches program offers a nationwide criminal background check as well as three other essential components that are fundamental to being a successful youth coach.