MYBA Acknowledgement and Pledge
The MYBA COVID-19 RETURN TO PARTICIPATION PLEDGE (the “Pledge”) MUST BE CAREFULLY READ AND SIGNED by a Minnesota Youth Basketball Alliance (MYBA) member association representative. The Pledge will be put in place for the remainder of the 2020-21 winter travel basketball season.
The intent of the Pledge and the MYBA Return to Participation Manual is to create safe and consistent policies and procedures that will ensure uniformity among the MYBA member associations from around the state of Minnesota. Implementation will create the safety and consistency that the state of Minnesota has requested.
The Pledge and the Return to Participation Manual is a collective effort between the MYAS/MYBA Basketball Board of Advisors (comprised of association leaders representing 25 associations from around the state), the MYBA Return to Play Task Force, and the U.S. Council for Athletes’ Health (USCAH). This board has two goals:
- To provide a safe and healthy return to participation for youth basketball players; and
- To provide assurances to Governor Walz, his cabinet, and the MN Department of Health (MDH) that we, the Minnesota youth basketball community, are committed to ensuring appropriate safety measures and reporting mechanisms as created by the MYBA Return to Participation Task Force.
MYBA member associations can access the MYBA COVID-19 Participation Pledge inside the MYBA Portal.
MYBA Member Associations will agree to the following and ensure the following:
- 100% compliance with the new Requirements of the MYBA Return to Participation Manual.
- Non-compliant associations will not be allowed to participate in the MYAS Grade Basketball State Championships.
- We will notify everyone in our association about the new policies and procedures and provide the proper training.
- All teams and rosters (including players and coaches) are entered into the MYBA portal.
- All board members are listed in the Board Member section of the MYBA Portal.
- A COVID Compliance Manager (CCM) has been established for their association and identify that individual in the Board Member section of the MYBA portal.
- Our CCM will submit data into the MYBA COVID Tracker for every 14-day period by the following Friday.
- Our association will contact the CCM from other associations to inform them of exposures to COVID-19.
- Our association will follow the guidance within the MYBA Return to Participation Manual regarding suspending play for players and coaches who have tested positive and/or had an exposure to COVID-19.
- The MYBA Return to Participation Task Force strongly encourages associations to only participate in tournaments coordinated by other MYBA member associations who have agreed to the MYBA Return to Participation Pledge. (Revised 1/6/21)
- The MYBA Return to Participation Task Force strongly encourages associations to only allow teams from other MYBA member associations that have agreed to the MYBA Return to Participation Pledge to participate in their tournament. (Revised 1/6/21)