Spring Basketball Check-In Procedure
Here's what is needed when you check in a team for your first Gopher State spring basketball tournament. Once you have submitted the required documentation at your first tournament, you will not need to present the documentation at your following tournaments.
Key Points for Check-In:
- Check in at least 30 minutes prior to your first game. Check-in will be located at the Tournament Headquarters.
- Be prepared to present all necessary documentation. We prefer to see everything at once. Please be organized.
- Roster- The Official Online Roster COMPLETED ONLINE, PRINTED OUT and a copy GIVEN TO THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR. The tournament director will keep a copy of your roster. You are responsible for making sure the tournament director has your current roster.
- New for 2015: The Code of Conduct signatures can be written directly onto your online roster once it is printed out.
- New for 2015: The Coach Pass fees are included in your tournament entry fee and they will be given to you at team check-in. Each team will be given up to 3 Coach Passes. The coach passes are good for the entire spring basketball season and they will get you through admissions and they are required to be on the bench. If you lose your Coach Pass, you will need to pay a $50 replacement fee.
- New for 2015: The USSSA Membership fee is included in your tournament entry fee. Once the MYAS office has received your paid tournament entry fee, we will register your team for your 2015 USSSA team membership. Teams that need proof of liability insurance (which is included with your Team Membership) or teams that want to purchase the optional USSSA Sports Accident Insurance should contact the MYAS office and we will forward a copy of your 2015 USSSA membership and log-in information for the USSSA website. You will not need to provide proof of this at check-in as we will handle it on our end.
- New for 2015: The Grade Verification does not need to be provided at check-in. We ask that you have the grade documentation with you at the tournament in case a Grade Eligibility Protest is filed. At that time you must proved the necessary grade documentation. Please see the Handbook for further explanation of the Grade Eligibility Protest. We will accept any document or ID from the school with the players name and grade listed on it.
- Age Exception Rule A birth certificate (please bring a copy)
A government issued I.D. or document that lists the athlete’s date of birth
A school I.D. or document that lists the athlete’s date of birth