Are you looking for a basketball team to play on?
How to Participate in MYAS Basketball Events
The MYAS does not place kids on teams nor do we form teams. We accept only intact team registrations. The majority of the teams that register for our events are formed by community based athletic associations and clubs. There are also single/independent teams that individuals put together on their own.
Below is an example of how teams that participate in MYAS basketball events are composed. Please note that team composition guidelines may differ from program to program.
School, Community Traveling and In-house Teams
- These teams are formed by schools, local athletic associations and in-house programs.
- They are eligible to participate in winter, spring/summer and fall MYAS events.
- Click here to view a list of traveling basketball association websites.
- Click here to view a list of in-house program websites.
- Club/Open teams may be hand-selected or they may have tryouts.
- They typically have players from multiple communities.
- These teams are eligible to participate in spring/summer and fall MYAS events.
- Click here to view a list of clubs/teams holding tryouts.
- You may form your own team.
- These teams are eligible for spring/summer and fall MYAS events.
- Get a commitment from your players or schedule tryouts; find a coach; calculate your budget and determine your per player cost; collect fees from parents; send in your MYAS league fees or register online; find a practice site; get equipment; get uniforms.
Please contact the MYAS basketball staff at 763-781-2220 if you need assistance.