Home » MYAS Info
About Minnesota Youth Athletic Services
The Minnesota Youth Athletic Services, Inc. (MYAS) was organized in 1991 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the delivery of youth sports services to young athletes, coaches and parents. The MYAS is Minnesota's largest multi-sport organization focused solely on youth athletics with more than 110,000 kids participating in our programs in 2009. The MYAS is a central clearinghouse for youth sports, serving as an information channel linking hundreds of youth associations, coaches and thousands of parents.
- To promote sportsmanship, teamwork and cultural interaction through sporting competition
- To provide the highest quality athletic programs for Minnesota's young people
- To link regional volunteer youth sports programs with others statewide
We believe that participation in athletics is one of the healthiest and most cost-effective options for helping young people make good choices about life's many decisions. Youth athletics, with its significant volunteer base, taps into the best that American culture has to offer. When conducted properly, athletics help young people:
- set goals that are worthy of their time, energy and focus.
- achieve a sense of accomplishment and self esteem and learn valuable leadership skills.
- establish personal standards of excellence.
- unite in group goals and common commitment.
- build skills in empathy, humility, generosity and compassion.
- learn life lessons both on and off the field of play.